About the job
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for intelligent and capable problem solvers who have the initiative and desire to make a difference, not only with the clients that we work with but also within our growing team.
Who we are:
SumProduct is a boutique consultancy working with clients around the globe. Our key staff have trained many of our competitors in accounting, model construction and model auditing. Our Directors, Liam Bastick and Tim Heng are both recognised by Microsoft as two of approximately 100 Excel experts around the world.
We provide modelling, model auditing, training and strategic consulting solutions for some of Australia’s largest organisations and projects. Our recent projects include model audits of PPP projects in Australia and overseas, training for large accounting firms and government agencies, and developing business information tools for retail and financial services companies. Our training courses and webinars can be found at accounting organisations around the globe, including CAANZ and CPA in Australia.
What we are hiring for:
We are looking for an Analyst to join our growing team in Sydney. This role will be responsible for the delivery of consulting solutions and liaising with clients on project deliveries. The position includes:
- Developing and delivering our consulting solutions including financial models, data models, model audits, training courses and other strategic projects;
- Working with senior team members to find solutions to client problems;
- Building relationships with clients and team members; and
- An opportunity to shape the development of our company and share in the success of a business as it grows.
You will have the opportunity to work on projects that match your strengths, and develop the skills and tools to fill in the gaps.
Who you are:
While we don’t expect anyone to know and have done everything, we are looking for the following core skills / experience:
- 1-4 years of professional experience utilising problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Examples of situations where you have converted problems (business, personal or otherwise) into spreadsheet-based solutions;
- A high attention to detail;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel; and
- A desire to continually grow and improve your skills and your knowledge.
We would also look favourably on people with the following skills / experience:
- Experience building and/or auditing financial models in a project finance, corporate finance, M&A or similar environment;
- Experience building and developing financial models to support large corporate budgeting and planning;
- Relevant professional experience gained in a financial services company, accounting firm, consultancy, or other team with a strong modelling background;
- Working knowledge of any of the following data tools: Power BI, Tableau, Power Query, Power Pivot; and
- A desire (or willingness!) to travel the world, as our training courses, speaking engagements and client projects have us working from some great (and not-so-great) places including Singapore, New York, Auckland, Hong Kong, and all over Australia. While travel may be on hold during the pandemic, we’re expecting that this will change in the medium-to-long term.
We offer a collaborative and inclusive team that is flexible and focuses on our relative strengths to provide the best solutions for our clients and our staff. Our remuneration is commensurate with the skills and experience that you bring to the team, with a profit-linked bonus – our success is your success.
How to apply:
To apply, in addition to submitting your resume through application form below, please complete our application survey here: https://forms.office.com/r/BAw7GcS1y9
All applications will be treated confidentially. You must be legally allowed to work in Australia. We will invite ideal applicants to an interview and a modelling test upon receipt. We apologise that rejected applicants who have not been invited to an interview may not receive a reply.